Monday, November 24, 2008

A love story

I looked young and so beautiful my new friend told me when I met him at the LDS Singles Conference in Beaverton, Oregon .It was July 12,1983 I had travelled all the was from Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, to attend this conference. When I was attending the temple class,i sat by him and we talked all through the class.After we walked through the romantic Portland Rose Gardens. That friday night we danced till our feet were sore.Then went to church that Sunday. Went home to Canada the next day,thought I would never see him again, when I arrived home there was the most beautiful bouguet of red roses waiting for me. My children said who is this guy ? Well his name was Ronald Edmund Lowe. He was tall dark and handsome and perfect. He phoned me every morning at 7 a.m. before I left for work . I was doing home care nursing at that time in Coaldale,Alberta.Two weeks later my Mom & Dad came to visit us from Beaverton, Oregon.They stayed a while then wanted someone to drive them home. I volunteered real fast. They would fly me back they said if I did that for them. So I picked up Julie, my sister at Spokane Washington, on the way . We stayed with Mom & Dad.I dated Ron for the two weeks while I was there. He took me to breakfast at a restaurent and gave me an engagement ring.Then he came up to see me in Lethbridge,Alberta, after he finished his job running the tower crane building the Hillsboro ,Oregon, hospital. Robert had just returned from his mission in South Korea.Ron stayed at the neighbors 2 nights.Then we went to Calgary to get my visa to move to the United States. The immigration told us the fastest wasy to do this was to get married first then start the paper work.So is prepared he pulled out ring and proposes So they gave us the list what we needed to do to get married. So we were married by a judge in some hotel with two witnesses. When we were coming down the stairs Ron said our car was gone. He was right it had been towed away because it was 3 p.m. and we had parked in a tow away zone . So we took a taxi to the impound lot where we found our car from Oregon,It was really a car he had borrowed from his son in law. We didn't even know the color of it for sure, I thought it was brown, he said it was rust orange.That cost us $50.00 to get the car back.$5.00 for the Taxi. We stayed at tghe Sheridan Hotel at the Airport. Then went to immigration the next morning at 8 a.m. to start the paper work. It took two months and 5 trips to Calgary leaving at 4.am. and piles of paper work and a $1000 to get a visa for me and Craig and Sarinah my kids.

No comments: