Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Ideas

Red,White,Blue ice cubes. Pick up some Gator Aide, freeze it in any shaped iced cube trays and add to any clear beverage. I topped it with frozen watermelon stars, cut with a star cookie cutter and frozen for about an hour with a skewer for an easy handle. Firecracker Fruit Skewers I grabbed marshmallows, strawberries and blueberries,-put them on a skewer and topped it with a Twizzler piece to look like a wick. These would be really popular so make extra. Trust me.

Patriotic Cupcakes I bought a white cake mix, made it as directed and separated the batter into 3 bowls.Then I added red Jell-O and Blue Jell-O to color 2 of the bowls of batter. Add enough until you achieve the color you'd like. You can also use powdered beverage mix, just add about 2 tbsp.of white sugar if you choose to this. Layer each color and bake as directed. These look great in white cupcake cups.

No comments: