Thursday, March 19, 2009

Free Massages


My Massage Therapist wanted me to make her a quilt, out of her sons old football tee shirts.So she bartered by giving both of us free massages once a month until May. It would be a Graduation gift for her son this year. She gave me a year to complete this quilt.She wanted specific colors, his school colors of course. Well I had never made a quilt out of old tee shirts. So I checked it out on the Internet,and got instructions how to make it. I knew that tee shirts stretch when you sew them so I needed to know I to keep them from stretching, to make them come out square.The trick is to sew a thin piece of cotton fabrics on the back of the shirt.Then you add the borders to the edges to make it square. His colors were gold and forest green and black.It has a black back.I couldn't quilt it for her because of my back problems.So she would get someone else to do that for her. Well its finally DONE.Yeah!!Here is a photo of it. We are enjoying the massages.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

It turned out great!

SBrooks said...

Looks good Mom- one of the nicer sports quilts I have seen actually!

Frank and Julie said...

Wow. You did a bang-up job on that quilt. What an accomplishment!