Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where there is smoke there is fire!


Today was Sunday I hurried and got ready for Church then put some eggs on the stove on high heat to boil. Then forgot them and dashed off to church. After two hours the spirit reminded me I had forgotten to turn off the stove. So I asked my husband if he remembered to turn it off. "No, he replied." So he hurried home to see if out home had burned to the ground.When he arrived the fire alarms were all blaring and as he went through the Garage door the house was filled with smoke. He turned off the stove and put the burnt offering outside to cool off. Then he proceeded to open all the windows and turn on the fans to get the smoke out. Then he lit candles to clear the smoke odor. He prayed thanking God our home was spared. I had responsibility's of conducting Relief Society so I couldn't leave Church, but I had a calm and peaceful feeling everything was going to be okay. When I arrived home it smelled clearly of lots of smoke. So I cleaned up the stove, where the eggs had exploded all over it and the sauce pan which was still intact, because it was made of stainless steel. Good choice. We are both grateful, we have a Heavenly Father who cares for us and watches over us,and our home, when we are doing his work, and being obedient to his commandments.

1 comment:

SBrooks said...

Mom! Crazy woman! I am so glad your house didn't burn down!