Thursday, November 26, 2009

What do we can in Arizona?


We don't have any berries fruit except Oranges,Grapefruit,Lemons and Limes here to can. We freeze the juices from the fruit in December when they come on.So I bought a Pressure Canner for my daughter for Christmas and we have been canning. I Canned 40 lbs of raw Turkey at 37 cents lb.Produced 10 large quart bottles. Then I canned five bottles of raw chicken breast cut in strips.Here are the photos.They turned out wonderful for food storage.She canned sweet and sour pork dinners and pinto and red beans too with crystallized ginger to prevent the gas when eaten.

2 comments:

SBrooks said...

Ok, seriously... take the photo off. It is not appetizing.I love the gifts that keep on giving to more than those just given to. Ahh, that is christmas glee at its finest! Love you Mom!

Frank and Julie said...

Looks like too much work to me. I'll make a run to Costco.
Bet they're yummy though.