Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Talent


Today I created a wonderful Fresh Raspberry English Trifle for my talent for our Ward Talent night. If you didn't have a Talent to share, you could bring a dessert.It disappeared very fast.It had layers of yummy stuff. Bottom layer was Angel food cake pieces then sweetened frozen raspberries. Then a layer of coconut macaroon cookies crushed, followed by my Mom's homemade custard,recipe as follows:2 1/2 cups milk ,heat till scalded very hot, but not boiling. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour together.Pour slowly into hot milk, stirring constantly, to prevent lumps.Beat 1 egg and add some milk mixture to the beaten egg. Then add the egg mixtures to the rest of the milk.Mix well, cook in microwave 5 minutes until thick.Add 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring .Then add a layer of cool whip or whip cream.Garnished with whole fresh raspberries and chocolate curls. Delicious. Aye!

2 comments:

Dana Wartena Thelin said...

That sounds so good, I wish I could have some of that here in China.

Frank and Julie said...

It's such a fabulous picture. I'm salivating just looking at it.